Please see information below from Walsall Safeguarding Officer:
We received a report of suspicious activity, in the Pelsall area, where a child was approached by a man in a vehicle this morning (8th April 2022) and asked her to get into his car.
West Midlands Police are aware and dealing with this.
Fortunately suspicious activity around schools is extremely rate.
Where incidents are reported we investigate and liaise with local schools and residents and urge anyone who may have seen something to give us a call on 101.
We take all reports of this nature seriously and thank people for their vigilance.
It’s timely to remind youngsters to observe our personal safety advice:
– Never go off on your own with a stranger, take things from them or get in a car with them.
– Make sure you tell your parents where you are.
– If someone scares you, or makes you feel uncomfortable go somewhere safe, which could be your home, your school or a police station.
– Remember to tell someone what has happened straight away.
– Always dial 999 in an emergency.
For advice visit the NPCC website – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/staying-safe-away-from-home/