E-ACT and Reedswood academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils/students.
Our safeguarding team is Mrs Shipley (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mrs Lathbury-Cox and Mrs Southall (Deputy Safeguarding Lead).
We also have Mrs Bracey as part of our overall safeguarding team and works as our safeguarding office and SPOC Lead.
Any safeguarding concerns are reported and investigated.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to one of the school’s safeguarding team.
Safeguarding is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances.
We believe that:
- All children/young people have the right to be protected from harm;
- Children/young people need to be safe and to feel safe in school
- Children/young people need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse;
- All children/young people have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs;
- All children/young people must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other;
- All children/young people have the right to be supported to meet their emotional, and social needs as well as their educational needs – a happy, healthy, sociable child/young person will achieve better educationally;
- Schools can and do contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk taking behaviours; and
- All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from abuse.
Please click the link below to read the Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and Addendum
Sources of Academy Support
Please note that the telephones are not monitored at all times, for emergency/urgent assistance please refer to the sources of external support listed above.
|Please call 01922 721323 or 07513137881,
please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
There is information and links on our website and we will keep this up to date as the current situation develops and you can send us a message via the ‘CONTACT’ tab on our homepage:
Sources of External Support
|School Nursing Team
999 Emergency calls
101 Non-emergency calls
|Walsall Children’s Services
0300 555 2866
|Mental Health Services
Walsall & Dudley Service
|ACT Early - Counter Terrorism
|Ablewell Advice – ablewelladvice.org.uk
|Bloxwich & Blakenall Foodbank